These guides list public health nutrition resources and displays that can be used by health professionals in their practice with individuals and community partners. These resources reflect general nutrition guidance for healthy populations. Tailored guidance for individuals with specific nutrition requirements are outside of the scope of these resources.
Northern Health’s key resources for health professionals
Position on healthy eating:
Guidelines related to pediatric nutrition:
- Infant toddler nutrition guidelines for health professionals (PDF) - Northern Health
- List of pediatric liquid vitamin D supplements available in Northern BC (PDF) - Northern Health
- BC pediatric nutrition guidelines (birth to six years) for health professionals - BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC)
Supports for school nutrition:
- Healthy eating at school - Northern Health
Information on food security:
- Food security - Northern Health
- Household food insecurity: Guidelines for health professionals (PDF, booklet) - Northern Health
- Household food insecurity: Guidelines for health professionals (PDF, one-pager) - Northern Health
Several displays are available for use by health professionals and community partners, which include a set of posters that can be put on a bulletin board or tri-fold display board. Recommended client resources to accompany displays are also available. For more information, contact the Population Health Nutrition team at PopHthNutrition@northernhealth.ca or 250-631-4236.
- Canada’s food guide and you (PDF) - Supports adults, teens, and community groups with practical tips for applying Canada’s Food Guide.
- Coaching kids to become good eaters (PDF) - Supports parents, guardians, teachers, child care providers, and others to apply positive feeding strategies.
- Feeding babies age 6-12 months (PDF) - Supports parents, guardians, and care givers with information about feeding older babies.
- What’s for lunch? Tips for packing a healthy lunch (PDF) - Supports adults to pack lunches for themselves and/or children.