If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please dial 9-1-1 immediately (or local emergency services in your community).
Non-urgent health advice and information
- Please call HealthLink BC for free by dialing 8-1-1, or 7-1-1 for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Please note, if your local telephone provider does not support 8-1-1 dialing, you may call 1-604-215-8110.
- Health service navigators can help you find health services in your community and registered nurses can provide health information and advice day or night.
- Qualified exercise professionals can answer your physical activity questions and registered dietitians offer nutrition counselling, Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm PST.
- Licensed pharmacists are available 5 pm to 9 am PST every day when many local pharmacies may be closed.
- Translation services are available in 130 languages.
- For information online, please visit HealthLinkBC.ca.
- Visit our careers website for information on specific positions, including nurses and other health professionals,or contact Recruitment Services at 250-565-2937, or 1-877-905-1155, or email: email@example.com
- For physician resources & opportunities, visit our physicians website or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purchasing and RFP inquiries for Northern Health are provided by Supply Chain (part of the Provincial Health Services Authority [PHSA]). Supply Chain creates enhanced value to the health system through effective and efficient delivery of specified support services through increased process efficiency, standardization, capital avoidance, and leveraging of buying power.
Learn more information about PHSA Supply Chain
Information for vendors, including contact information is available on the PHSA website
We’re receiving many website messages and our response time is longer than usual. We'll answer your questions as soon as we can.
- If your questions are related to COVID-19, visit our Coronavirus Information (COVID-19) page.
- Northern BC residents who need information about assessment or screening for COVID-19 symptoms can call the NH Online COVID-19 Clinic at 1-844-645-7811.
- Questions or calls related to environmental health, community care facility licensing, or tobacco enforcement can be directed to NH's Health Protection central line: 250-565-7322 or email@example.com
- If your COVID-19 questions are non-medical you can call the provincial information line at 888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319).
Thank you for your patience and understanding.