We value your feedback!

We value your feedback and comments which helps us to improve the care or services we provide. We also enjoy hearing about your positive experiences while receiving services through Home and Community Care. If we do not or have not met your expectations, we are committed to working with you to find a reasonable solution.

If you have a complaint or concern, first speak with the health care provider who provided the service, or to the manager of the area. Complaints are best addressed and resolved at the time and place they occur.

Home and Community Care offices

The following lists provide the direct contact information for the Home and Community Care programs and services available, by community:

Managers of assisted living communities are required to register with the Office of the Assisted Living Registrar. Each assisted living residence must meet health and safety standards as required by the registrar's office and the Community Care and Assisted Living Act. Assisted living services subsidized by Northern Health are subject to contractual agreements that outline performance and management expectations.

If you have a concern, please meet directly with the people managing your assisted living residence. If a resolution cannot be reached, or you feel uncomfortable approaching the management directly, contact your case manager or the Office of the Assisted Living Registrar. For more information on assisted living complaints, please visit Assisted Living Registrar/Complaints.

Still not satisfied?

If you feel your issue or concern remains unresolved after discussing the issue with the service area or manager, we encourage you to contact the Northern Health Patient Care Quality Office to formally lodge your complaint. We will work with you to identify the issues you want to follow-up on and negotiate a mutually acceptable resolution to whatever the concerns may be.