Do you have concerns about your drinking water?

How do I make a complaint?

Step 1: Contact your water supplier

If you are connected to a community water system contact your water supplier to register your concern or complaint. In many cases, it will be possible to resolve the issue at this point. If your discussion with the water supplier has not produced a satisfactory result, please move on to step two.

Step 2: Contact Northern Health’s drinking water program

Contact a Health Protection Office and ask for the Environmental Health Officer.

How do I request an investigation?

If you consider that there is a threat to drinking water, you may request an investigation into the matter.  All investigation requests must be in writing and must include specifics of the alleged threat. The Environmental Health Officer must review the request and consider whether an investigation is warranted.

A person(s) who submits an investigation request to the Environmental Health Officer must be informed in writing regarding:

  • Whether an investigation has or will be undertaken;
  • The results of any investigation undertaken; and
  • Further actions the concerned party may take.

Please provide information that includes the name of water system in which the threat occurred, date, time, and details of the event. Please provide your name and telephone number so the Environmental Health Officer may contact you.