The district of Fort St. James is located on the southeast shore of Stuart Lake. The town serves as a gateway to a network of lakes and rivers that spans 300km. Enjoy festivals and community events, including a large music festival held in Cottonwood Park on the waterfront every summer.
- Murray Ridge Ski Hill
- Mount Pope Provincial Park
- Camping in Fort St. James
- Fort St. James National Historic Site
- MOM Festival
- The population of the Fort St. James area, including the municipality itself, rural areas and First Nations, is approximately 4,500 people.
- Two elementary schools and one high school
- College of New Caledonia campus
- Industries include: forestry, mining, agriculture and tourism