Make a payment

Payment methods

If you receive an invoice or statement from Northern Health, you may pay using one of these accepted methods (please reference your account number):

Pre-authorized payments

Contact Finance at 250-565-2486 or toll-free at 1-866-565-2999, to set up an account.

Online banking

Select Northern Health Authority or Northern Health as new payee and include Account Number, which can be found on an invoice/bill or statement.

Credit card

Accepted at most facilities, hospitals, and health centres or by calling 250-565-2486 or toll-free 1-866-565-2999.


Set up Northern Health as a contact under the email address (No password is required), and include your Account Number in the memo/comment field. Please note that this email address is for e-transfer payments only and does not accept, or reply to general email inquiries.


Accepted at most facilities, hospitals, and health centres.

Bank or financial institution (in person)

Detach the bottom portion of your invoice and bring it with you to your local bank or financial institution.


Mailed directly to:

Accounts Receivable
300-299 Victoria St
Prince George BC  V2L 5B8

International wire transfer

Send a wire transfer

Please e-mail your invoice payment details to on the date of your wire transfer to have the payment accurately applied to your account in a timely manner.

A wire transfer takes several business days to be processed. Transfer costs vary depending on your financial institution, the currency and amount, and may also be subject to a fee by the receiving bank, as well as any intermediary banks.

Provide the following information to your financial institution:

  • Northern Health Authority, 300 - 299 Victoria Street Prince George, British Columbia V2L 5B8 Canada
  • Acct # 1015817
  • Financial # 003 - Royal Bank of Canada, 550 Victoria Street, Prince George, British Columbia V2L 2K1 Canada
  • Swift # ROYCCAT2 / Transit # 04530 / ABA # 026004093
  • Routing # 000 304530 (international)

Swift stands for Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication. It is a unique identification code for both financial and non-financial institutions, used for International as well as Canadian wire payments.


Contact us

By mail:
300-299 Victoria St
Prince George, BC  V2L 5B8

General inquiries: 250-565-2486
Toll-free (Canada): 1-866-565-2999
International: 001-250-565-2486



Monday to Friday from 8 am to 4 pm Pacific Standard Time, excluding statutory holidays.

Northern Health facilities:
Site contact information can be found here.

Frequently asked questions (FAQs)

I paid my bill at the hospital. Why did I receive a bill in the mail?

Payments made at a Northern Health site may take a few days to be posted to your account.  If you are unsure if we have received payment, contact our office at 250-565-2486.


Why did I receive a bill?

If you received an invoice from Northern Health it is because you received health care services at one of our facilities that was not covered by health insurance and/or not paid for at the time of service. If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you are not automatically registered for public health insurance and public health insurance does not cover all services.

Please contact your province or territory’s insurance plan to apply and for details on what each province covers. In British Columbia, public health insurance is called the Medical Services Plan (MSP). If you believe you received an invoice in error, please contact our office at 250-565-2486.


How do I find my account number?

Please see the following for samples of an invoice, statement, non-patient bill, and overdue letter.


Why do I have several different account numbers?

Each service you receive may have a different account number. Additionally, if you act as a guarantor for another person you may have a separate guarantor number that links you to their account.


How can I get copies of my medical records?

Contact Health Records Services at the location you were treated and ask for the Release of Information Department or fill out an Authorization for Disclosure of Clinical Record Information form and send it to the location where you were treated.