The Northern Health Speech and Language Program provides services for children from birth to kindergarten entry. These services are offered at NO COST to families.
The speech-language pathologists aim to be family focused and encourage parents or other caregivers to be actively involved in their child’s communication development, goal planning, and therapy activities.
Services consist of:
- Referrals to other services
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Workshops/training for parents and community service providers
Parents and individuals are encouraged to make their own referrals. This can be done by a phone call, a referral form or in person. A referral can also be made by any community service provider with parents’ awareness and consent. If you would like to make a referral, please print off the related form below, for the community nearest you. It can be sent in by mail, faxed or dropped off at the address indicated on the form.
All Northern Health Speech-Language Pathologists are registered in the College of Speech & Hearing Health Professionals of BC.
Preschool hotline newsletters
- 2019 Winter Edition (PDF)
- 2019 Spring Newsletter (PDF)
- 2018 Winter Newsletter (PDF)
- 2018 Spring Newsletter (PDF)
- 2017 Winter Newsletter (PDF)
- 2017 Spring Newsletter (PDF)
- Helpful resources and links of interest
- Links to professional associations
- My child has been referred, what's next?
- Reading to your child
- Talking is as easy as 1, 2, 3
- Will my child grow out of it?
- How is my child developing?
For questions about Speech and Language, please contact your local health unit.
- Daajing Giids (formerly the Village of Queen Charlotte): 250-559-4961
- Masset: 250-626-4715
- Prince George: 250-645-7710
- Prince Rupert: 250-622-6334
- Quesnel: 250-983-6810
- Smithers: 250-847-6400
- Terrace: 250-631-4233