Microsoft Multi-factor Authentication (MFA)
- Go to my sign in on Microsoft to check it out!
- Download the Microsoft Authenticator app to your mobile device
- Go to HealthBC on Microsoft
- Follow instructions in the step-by-step MFA setup guide
- If you have your "old phone" while you migrate content to your new phone, follow these steps:
- Go to my sign in on Microsoft and "add a new device", enter prompts as required
- If you don't have your "old phone" follows these steps:
- Call the service desk at 1-888-558-4357 to have your Microsoft MFA reset
- After your account has been reset, follow the instructions to setup MFA for the first time
General NH Information Technology support
If you are locked out and need your password, from an NH computer, visit the password reset link.
- Navigate to "print.northernhealth.ca" in Internet Explorer. On the left side of the window, navigate to your building and floor.
- Most sites will have their printers displayed on a floorplan map. Small sites may not have a map, but will have a list of available printers at that location. Hover over the printer icon and click Install Printer, or single click on any printer located in the list.
- A small dialog box will appear asking you to confirm installation of that printer, in this dialog box you may also select this printer to be your default printer. When you are ready, click Yes to complete the installation of the selected printer, or select No to cancel
- If you require ITS support and assistance, contact the 24 hour service desk at 1-888-558-4357
Northern Health is adopting a more modern online workplace by deploying Microsoft Teams and the Microsoft 365 platform. Other BC health authorities will also start using Microsoft Teams and Microsoft 365 in the near future.
Microsoft Teams provides streamlined experiences for online meetings and calls, document and content collaboration, high-velocity chat-based conversations, and the integration of apps and analytics. Microsoft Teams replaces Skype for Business for meetings, calls, presence indicators, and private chats.
Instructions and resources:
- Getting ready for Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Teams - FAQs
- Microsoft Teams - Quick reference guide
- Setting up Microsoft Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
- The planned move to Microsoft Teams
For support and issues, please contact Northern Health ITS Service Desk.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 250-565-2784 (1-888-558-4357)
Northern Health is aligning meeting rooms with conferencing equipment to run on Microsoft Teams.
This change allows users to easily book Teams meetings in MS Outlook and invite the meeting room to experience a seamless integration with MS Teams.
This technology also allows staff to participate in external MS Teams meetings. Once the meeting invite is shared with the meeting room it is as easy as clicking the ‘join’ button in the meeting room(s).
Instructions and resources:
- How to use MS Teams Room controls
- How to book and invite a room using MS Outlook
- How to forward external Teams, Zoom or WebEx meetings to a MS Teams meeting room