The Office of Health and Resource Development coordinates Northern Health’s response to inquiries related to natural resource development, including liquid natural gas, oil and gas, mining and other resource extraction activities.
If you require a copy of the Industry camp COVID-19 line list template, please email us to request a copy. You will receive the Excel spreadsheet at the earliest opportunity.
- Vaccine status reporting and industrial camps - July 7, 2021 order of the Provincial Health Officer (PDF) - Northern Health
- NH COVID-19 update to industry partners - January 22, 2021 (PDF) - Northern Health
- NH COVID-19 guidance on Rapid Antigen Detection Testing (RADT) in industrial settings (PDF) - Northern Health
- NH COVID-19 update to industry partners - November 21, 2020 (PDF) - Northern Health
- COVID-19 testing in industrial camps: Guidance for camp operators (PDF) - Northern Health
- Protecting industrial camp workers, contractors, and employers working in the agricultural, forestry, and natural resource sectors during the COVID-19 pandemic PDF) - BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC)
- Health and safety during the opioid overdose emergency: Northern Health’s recommendations for industrial camps (PDF) - Northern Health
- Communicable disease control plan - Best management guide for industrial camps June 2017 (PDF) - Northern Health
- Guidance on human health risk assessment (PDF) - Government of BC
- Standard working group comments for environmental assessments (PDF) - Northern Health
- Northern Health emergency roles and responsibilities (PDF) - Northern Health
- Health and medical services plan best management guide for industrial camps (PDF) - Northern Health
- Health considerations of resource development projects for proponents and municipalities (PDF) - Northern Health
- Indicators for monitoring the SDOH related to resource development in Northern BC - January 2019 (PDF) - Northern Health
- Northern first nations caucus overview of sub-regional engagement sessions - Summary report (PDF) - Northern Health
- Northern first nations caucus overview of sub-regional engagement sessions - Full report (PDF) - Northern Health
- Summary of community toolkits (PDF) - Northern Health
- The social determinants of health impacts of resource extraction and development in rural and northern communities: A summary of impacts and promising practices for assessment and monitoring (PDF) - Northern Health
Health Impacts of Resource Extraction and Development (HIRED)
- Knowledge synthesis bibliography (PDF) - Northern Health
- Mapping research on resource extraction and health: A scoping review - Science Direct
- Phase 1 report: Towards a better understanding of health in relation to mining and oil and gas extraction: A scoping Review (PDF) - Northern Health
- Community Health Information Portal (CHIP) - Northern Health
- Industrial camp permitting requirements (applications and forms) - Northern Health
- Northern Health position statements addressing risk factors - Northern Health
NH/HEMBC contact information
The Office of Health and Resource Development (HRD) serves as a central contact point for companies, agencies and communities. Resource Development inquiries, including questions related to health service infrastructure and capacity, environmental assessments and general consultation questions, may be directed to:
For non-urgent requests related to Emergency Response Plans, or emergency exercise planning/information please contact: HEMBC North Director, Jim Fitzpatrick, at 250-565-5584 or HEMBC@northernhealth.ca
HEMBC will notify/activate the appropriate Northern Health programs (i.e. Public Health, Acute Care, etc.) based on the nature of the event/emergency. Please include this number in industry ERPs, for the use of permit holders in contacting Northern Health on a emergency basis.
Please do not include this number on Public Awareness Pamphlets for individual projects; the EMBC/Oil and Gas Commission's emergency number(s) is more appropriate, and the HEMBC 24/7 number is on record with those agencies.