An important first step is to enroll in the Healthy Start: Prenatal Registration, which includes:
- a confidential registration questionnaire to screen for risks that may affect the health of you and your families during your pregnancy; and
- prenatal health information and resources.
Your completed registration form will be reviewed by a Public Health nurse during your prenatal visit at your local health unit who will support you to:
- Receive prenatal health information and resources;
- Make healthy choices in pregnancy;
- Learn about feeding and caring for a new baby;
- Get the physical and emotional support you need; and
- Find community services that are right for you.