143, 1600-15th Avenue (Parkwood Place between Michael’s Jewellers and Mucho Burrito)
Prince George BC V2L 3X3
Hours and contact info
Monday to Friday, 1 pm to 9 pm
Saturday, 9 am to 7 pm
Sundays and Holidays, 10 am to 7 pm
Closed Christmas Day
What is the PG UPCC?
The PG UPCC provides after-hours care to:
- People with an illness or injury that needs to be looked at within 12 to 24 hours, but isn’t an emergency
- People that have a hard time getting an appointment at their family doctor’s or nurse practitioner’s office in a timely manner
- People who don’t have a regular family doctor or nurse practitioner
Visit the PG UPCC if you or a family member are experiencing:
- Sprains caused by minor accidents and falls
- Minor bleeding/cuts requiring stitches
- Mild breathing difficulties
- Minor burns
- Respiratory infections
- Ear aches
- Eye irritation/injuries
- Severe sore throat or cough
- Stomach pain
- Vomiting, diarrhea or dehydration
- Mild back pain
- Skin rashes and infections
- Urinary tract infections
- New or worsening pain
You should always try to contact your family doctor or nurse practitioner first to see if you can get an appointment.
The urgent and primary care centre will respond if you have an urgent mental health and/or substance use concern. We will coordinate appointments to mental health and substance use clinicians and primary care nurses as needed. These appointments will be for managing your immediate needs and connecting you back to your regular health care team.
UPCCs are NOT emergency departments
The PG UPCC is not an emergency room and cannot treat patients with serious illnesses or injuries such as broken bones, chest pain or head injuries.