Falls prevention engagement sessions
Did you know falls are the leading cause of injuries that land older adults in hospital?
Northern Health is hosting conversations across the region to learn how falls are being prevented in community.
We are reaching out to adults 65+ and their support networks to ask:
- What people are currently doing to prevent a fall
- What resources are available to help prevent falls
- The unique ways falls are prevented in your community
The information gathered will guide future falls prevention efforts in northern BC.
If you need any further information please contact email@example.com
Northern cities and towns where the engagement sessions will be taking place.
* Light refreshments will be provided.
|Chetwynd||Sept 20, 2023||11 am - 12:30 pm||The Pine Valley Seniors Hall, 5312 47th Ave NW, Chetwynd|
|Dawson Creek||Sept 19, 2023||10 am to 11:30 am||Seniors Hall, 1101 McKellar Ave, Dawson Creek|
|Fort Nelson||Sept 26, 2023||1 pm to 2:30 pm||Northern Lamplighters Seniors Activity Centre, 5430 50 Ave S, Fort Nelson|
|Granisle||April 18, 2023||1 pm||Granisle Seniors Centre, 19 Chapman St., Granisle||Yes|
|Houston||June 21, 2023||10 am||Houston Seniors Centre, 3250 W 14th Street, Houston||Yes|
|Hudson's Hope||Sept 21, 2023||1 pm to 2:30 pm||9905 Dudley Dr., Hudson's Hope|
|Mackenzie||April 21, 2023||1 pm||Mackenzie Recreation Centre, 400 Skeena Drive, Mackenzie||Yes|
|Prince George||Sept 11, 2023||2:30 pm to 4 pm||2020 Massey Dr., Prince George||Yes|
|Prince Rupert||October 5, 2023||1 pm||Prince Rupert Seniors Center, 21 Grenville Court, Prince Rupert|
|Quesnel||April 20, 2023||1 pm||Quesnel Seniors Centre, 461 Carson Ave, Quesnel||Yes|
|Stewart||June 23, 2023||11 am||Al Lawrence Memorial Arena, 804 Main Street, Stewart||Yes|
|Tachet/Lake Babine Nation||June 14, 2023||1 pm||Tachet Admin Ballroom||Yes|
|Terrace||June 20, 2023||2 pm||Happy Gang Seniors Centre, 3226 Kalum St, Terrace||Yes|
|Valemount||May 2, 2023||1 pm||Valemount Seniors Hall, 1300 Main St, Valemount||Yes|
Posting will commence once these reports have been completed and are available.
There are many simple ways to maintain a healthy lifestyle and reduce your risk of a fall.
- Age-friendly communities - Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
- Fall prevention - Government of BC
- Finding Balance Canada - BC Falls and Injury Prevention Coalition (BCFIPC)
- Home safety checklist - Government of BC
- Physical activity for falls prevention - Northern Health
- Preventing falls in older adults - HealthLink BC
- Preventing falls: Older adults - HealthLink BC
- Seniors - Government of BC
- Seniors health - Northern Health
- What you can do to prevent a fall - Government of BC
- You CAN prevent falls! - Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)