St. John Hospital is a 24 acute-care bed facility. The Hospital serves the communities of Vanderhoof and the Saik’uz First Nation, as well as acting as a referral centre for the surrounding communities of Burns Lake, Fort St James and Fraser Lake.
The services of St John Hospital include:
- 24/7Emergency department
- 2 outpatient bays
- Labour and delivery with Cesarean Section capabilities.
- Diagnostic Imaging, including ultrasound and fluoroscopy
- Lab including blood transfusion services
- 24/7 OR offering orthopedic day surgery, plastics, dental, ENT, endoscopy, and general surgeries
- Inpatient occupational therapy and physiotherapy
- Teaching facility for the University of Northern British Columbia
- Palliative Care
- Oncology Clinic
Community Services include:
- Primary Care Nursing and Home Support
- Diabetic counseling
- Cardiac Rehab
- Mental Health and Substance Use
- Occupational Therapy
- Outreach clinics to surrounding communities
- BC Ambulance Service
- 53 bed residential are facility attached to the hospital
Patients requiring further care are referred to the University Hospital of Northern BC in Prince George.