The Queen Charlotte Islands Hospital is a 16-bed facility which serves the local population and residents of surrounding villages and isolated forestry camps. It will be replaced in fall 2015 by a new facility, currently under construction – see box below. Queen Charlotte is also home to the Haida Gwaii Cancer Care Clinic.
- General practice and basic emergency coverage
- Minor surgery
- Stabilization of trauma patients and critically ill patients
- Alcohol and drug counselling
- Public health nursing services
- Social work services
- First Nations community health workers