788 Ospika Blvd
Prince George BC V2M 6Y2
Access to long term care is through a Home Health assessment. For more information on subsidized long term care, contact the Home Health office nearest you.
This facility does not have a website.
- Parkside is a one storey facility that houses 58 residents in single occupancy rooms; each room has its own washroom.
- There are three separate wings, the 300 and 400 wing house 22 rooms each and the 200 wing has 14 rooms.
- At the end of the 300 and 400 wing there is a private sitting area for residents/family.
- There is a common dining and shared quiet lounge.
- Hairdressing and laundry services are provided on site.
- There are 2 tub rooms and a shower stall.
- 2 fenced patio areas and a conference/theatre room for the enjoyment of residents/family for special occasions.
- Offers a very homelike experience.
- Weekly tuck-shop on wheels that accommodates the resident’s cravings.
English, honouring diversity.
Person centered care utilizing Gentle Care and Eden Philosophies and Strategies.
Northern Health is accredited until 2018. Accreditation is an external peer review process to assess and improve the services healthcare organizations provide their patients and clients based on standards of excellence set by Accreditation Canada.
58 publicly subsidized beds; single occupancy rooms with private washroom.
Residents pay 80% of their after tax income, with minimum and maximum rates set by the Ministry of Health Services. The monthly rate covers the cost of food and accommodation.
- Basic furniture provided includes a bed, night table, and desk.
- There is a closet in each room.
- Any other furnishings that family wishes to bring on site needs to have prior approval from the Care Coordinator.
- Any and all personal items need to be labelled appropriately.
- Recreation Therapy is provided on site, which provides activities such as hymn-sing, school visits with the elderly, choral groups.
- Seasonal celebrations such as Thanksgiving, Remembrance Day, Halloween, and Christmas is shared with all residents on site.
- There are activities off site as well, such as going to the mall, looking at Christmas lights, garden tours, etc.
Assessments are completed by the Occupational Therapy department on site to determine suitability for use of motorized scooters in our facility. Information on specific policy will be provided during the admission process.
No pets are permitted to reside on site, but pet visits in a supervised and leashed environment are encouraged with the Pet Therapy program.
All Northern Health facilities are smoke free. Residents are asked to smoke outside the facility in designated areas.
- The main entrance to the facility is locked at all times.
- To exit the building a code is entered on the keypad adjacent to the front doors - this assists in providing a secure and safe environment for the residents.
Families and loved ones are partners in care and are encouraged to visit and participate in many of the day-to-day activities.
During flu season (typically December-March) all visitors need to wear a mask in our facilities if they haven't had a flu shot.
Parking is available on site and street side.
- In very close proximity to a local park area and convenience store.
- Within a 3 block radius of Spruceland Mall.
- Within 3 miles to University Hospital of Northern British Columbia.