920 Lahakas Blvd S
Kitimat BC V8C 2S3
Access to long term care is through a Home Health assessment. For more information on subsidized long term care, contact the Home Health office nearest you.
This facility does not have a website.
- Mountainview Lodge is a single level building attached by a hallway to the Kitimat General Hospital & Health Centre.
- The building is situated within walking distance of physicians’ offices.
- There is a hairdressing salon, laundry facilities, TV areas, and 2 dining areas.
- The main lobby has a kitchen area for activities.
- There are 2 tub rooms with adaptive equipment.
- There are secure garden areas to enjoy planting activities and relaxing in under the gazebos.
English, honouring diversity.
To provide a homelike environment for the residents. Dignity and respect are the cornerstones of the care given to the people who live here.
Northern Health is accredited until 2018. Accreditation is an external peer review process to assess and improve the services healthcare organizations provide their patients and clients based on standards of excellence set by Accreditation Canada.
36 publicly subsidized beds. All but 2 rooms are private.
Residents pay 80% of their after tax income, with minimum and maximum rates set by the Ministry of Health Services. The monthly rate covers the cost of food and accommodation.
- Basic furniture provided includes a bed, night table, armoire and chair.
- In consultation with the Care Coordinator, residents and families are encouraged to bring in small personal items to personalize each room.
- Personal items such as clothing labels, personal hygiene products, cablevision, telephone and recreation activities are the financial responsibility of the resident.
- There is a monthly calendar displaying a variety of activities intended to promote physical, social, spiritual and emotional well-being.
- There are regular outings using the Multi Movers’ bus as well as monthly brunches. BBQ’s and picnics happen at the lake or in our garden off the main lobby.
- In the winter a beautiful gas fireplace is enjoyed.
Safe use of motorized scooters is determined after an Occupational Therapist assessment.
NH has a pet visitation policy. Families may bring in pets provided they are on a leash. Pets are the responsibility of the family member.
All Northern Health facilities are smoke free. Residents are asked to smoke outside the facility in designated areas.
- Mountainview Lodge is locked after 8 pm every night.
- There is a buzzer system for entry.
- Mountainview has a system to protect the safety of residents who may get lost or disorientated - all but two doors lead to secure outdoor areas.
There is ample free parking close to Mountainview Lodge.
- Located within walking distance of physicians’ offices and the Mountainview shopping area.
- The local bus stops just outside the hospital.
- The grocery store, pharmacy, library, banking, recreation facility, restaurants, post office, optometrist, and various other shops are situated within this radius.