5315 Liard Street
Fort Nelson BC V0C 1R0
Access to long term care is through a Home Health assessment. For more information on subsidized long term care, contact the Home Health office nearest you.
This facility does not have a website.
- Fort Nelson Hospital is a 32-bed facility including 25 acute care beds and a 7-bed long term care unit.
- Services on site include nursing, maternity, emergency, physical rehabilitation, lab, diagnostic imaging, pharmacy, food services and other support services.
- The 7-bed long term care unit features large, private rooms each equipped with a washroom.
- There is a common dining and entertainment area.
- The unit is located close to the hospital’s main nursing station.
- Laundry service for residents is available through our housekeeping department.
English, honouring diversity.
One of Northern Health’s goals is to provide high quality services. Our motto is “The Northern Way of Caring”.
Northern Health is accredited (with condition) until 2011. Accreditation is an external peer review process to assess and improve the services healthcare organizations provide their patients and clients based on standards of excellence set by Accreditation Canada.
- 7 publicly subsidized beds.
- Most of the rooms in the long term care unit face south with a wonderful view and lots of sun.
- Each guest room is large and bright.
- The layout of each room affords space to enjoy while protecting privacy.
Residents pay 80% of their after tax income, with minimum and maximum rates set by the Ministry of Health Services. The monthly rate covers the cost of food and accommodation.
Basic furniture provided includes a bed, night table, lamp and chair.
- The Adult Day Program is available every Tuesday and Thursday.
- The activities are provided by a trained activity worker.
Motorized scooters are permitted in the long term care unit.
Pet visits are encouraged with the permission of the Nurse Manager.
All Northern Health facilities are smoke free. Residents are asked to smoke outside the facility in designated areas.
- The Residential Care Unit is located away from the facility’s main entrance doors.
- There is a security camera focused from the common dining area directly to a monitor at the nursing station.
- Nursing staff members make regular rounds to enhance the comfort of residents.
- The facility has a modern, easy to use nurse call system.
The upper parking lot of the hospital is available for parking.
- The Northern Rockies Senior’s Society offers bus services for all residents to take them to the various shopping establishments in the community, for recreational and event purposes, and other interests that residents may have.
- The bus is equipped to accommodate those with mobility challenges.