900 St. Laurent Avenue
Quesnel BC V2J 3S3
Access to long term care is through a Home Health assessment. For more information on subsidized long term care, contact the Home Health office nearest you.
This facility does not have a website.
- Recently expanded and renovated 2 story facility with 117 beds.
- Located in a residential area of North Quesnel.
- Within 4 blocks of the downtown core and minutes from the hospital and other healthcare services.
- Facility amenities include lounge and dining areas.
- Physio gym.
- Hair salon.
- 2 laundry rooms for family and/or resident use.
- Adult day program area with seating and cooking capability (can be booked for special occasions).
English, honouring diversity.
The philosophy of Dunrovin Park Lodge is a person centered model of care. This philosophy values a resident’s emotions, intellect and life experiences as well as their physical condition, and strives to preserve dignity and promote social experience.
Northern Health is accredited until 2018. Accreditation is an external peer review process to assess and improve the services healthcare organizations provide their patients and clients based on standards of excellence set by Accreditation Canada.
- 117 publicly subsidized beds
- Comprised of 3 complex care units
- Special care unit for clients with dementia
- Hospice unit
Residents pay 80% of their after tax income, with minimum and maximum rates set by the Ministry of Health Services. The monthly rate covers the cost of food and accommodation.
Basic furniture provided includes a bed, night table, dresser, wardrobe and chair.
- A variety of recreation programs and services promoting a healthy life style.
- Programs include seasonal celebrations, arts and crafts, weekly musical entertainment and outings (in the Dunrovin Park Lodge bus) to community events.
- A resident’s social needs are assessed and they are invited to participate in programs most suited to their level of interest and ability.
All residents are assessed for their ability to safely use motorized wheelchairs/scooters within the facility by the Physiotherapist.
Animals and pets are permitted in the facility in designated areas as part of the facilities Pet Visiting Policy, which recognizes the therapeutic value of pets in a residential setting.
All Northern Health facilities are smoke free. Residents are asked to smoke outside the facility in designated areas.
- Dunrovin has a monitored security system in place for the safety of residents.
- All exits and entrances are secured with coded keypads; the main entrance is locked between the hours of 8 pm and 6 am daily.
- Victim Services and Community Policing sponsors a ‘Wandering Registry Program’ for those residents at high risk of elopement, in partnership with the facility.
Parking is available in the parking lot on St. Laurent for visitors.
- The River Walk Trail, a 5 km loop maintained year round by the City of Quesnel, is accessible from the facility (which overlooks Lebourdais Park).
- The down town core is located 4 blocks West of Dunrovin and consists of specialty shops, banks, pharmacies a library and restaurants.