5500 Hospital Rd
Chetwynd BC V0C 1J0
Access to long term care is through a Home Health assessment. For more information on subsidized long term care, contact the Home Health office nearest you.
This facility does not have a website.
- The Health Care Center is a single story building with ER, Acute and Residential Services.
- Lab and DI services are available.
- The building also houses Public Health, Home and Community Care, as well as Mental Health & Substance Use services.
- The building has a multipurpose room for meetings and Video conference capabilities in 3 different rooms.
- A common dining area exists for residences.
- There is a healing garden in the fenced in yard to enjoy the warm weather.
English, honouring diversity.
Northern Health is accredited until 2018.
Accreditation is an external peer review process to assess and improve the services healthcare organizations provide their patients and clients based on standards of excellence set by Accreditation Canada.
- 7 publicly subsidized long term care beds; all are single occupancy.
- Acute care with 5 beds and a palliative room. ER with multiple examination rooms.
Residents pay 80% of their after tax income, with minimum and maximum rates set by the Ministry of Health Services. The monthly rate covers the cost of food and accommodation.
Basic furniture provided includes a bed, night table, lamp and chair.
Chetwynd has an Adult Day Away program.
Residents can utilize electric scooters.
NH has a pet visitation policy.
All Northern Health facilities are smoke free. Residents are asked to smoke outside the facility in designated areas.
Chetwynd Hospital and Health center is open 24 hrs, with camera surveillance and locked entrances at night.
Families and loved ones are partners in care and are encouraged to visit and participate in many of the day-to-day activities.
During flu season (typically December-March) all visitors need to wear a mask in our facilities if they haven't had a flu shot.
Parking available along the building for residents and family.
The Health Care Center is on Hospital Road about 1 km from the health clinic and pharmacy.