3668 11th Avenue
Smithers BC V0J 2N0
Access to long term care is through a Home Health assessment. For more information on subsidized long term care, contact the Home Health office nearest you.
This facility does not have a website.
- Bulkley Lodge is divided into three units.
- All Resident rooms are on the main floor with units divided as follows: The Main Floor unit (wings A and C) consists of 48 beds.
- Blueberry Way is a secured unit with 15 beds specifically for dementia residents.
- Huckleberry is a smaller secure unit with 7 beds specifically for residents requiring more supervision with more challenges.
- We also have 3 Short Stay Beds used for Respite and Palliative needs.
- Administration Offices
- Rehabilitation Services
- Clinical Practice Leader
- Site Manager
- Recreational Therapy
- Mental Health Clinician
- Ward Clerk
- Treatment Room
- Therapy Room
- Laundry, Housekeeping
- Food Services
- Hairdressing Room
- Cable and Phone Services are available (are the responsibility of resident’s family)
English, honouring diversity.
Bulkley Lodge has provided Long Term Care to the Bulkley Valley since 1978. We follow specific standards to ensure our Residents are cared for appropriately and safely. Guided by the Provincial Residents’ Bill of Rights.
Northern Health is accredited until 2018. Accreditation is an external peer review process to assess and improve the services healthcare organizations provide their patients and clients based on standards of excellence set by Accreditation Canada.
- 70 publicly subsidized beds
- 15 beds specifically for dementia residents
- 7 beds specifically for residents requiring more supervision with more challenges
- 3 Short Stay Beds used for Respite and Palliative needs
- Bulkley Lodge has a combination of single and double occupancy rooms
Residents pay 80% of their after tax income, with minimum and maximum rates set by the Ministry of Health Services. The monthly rate covers the cost of food and accommodation.
- Basic furniture provided includes a bed
- Night table
- Wardrobe or dresser, and lamp
- Residents can bring in additional small furniture items such as a chair, bookshelf/TV stand
- Bulkley Lodge provides Recreational Therapy Services on a daily basis.
- Pastoral and Spiritual Services are provided by the Smithers Ministerial Group with regular on site spiritual care.
- There is a Volunteer Program in place to accompany Residents on social outings, appointments, assist with feeding and provide hospice support.
- Hairdressing and barber services are available on site for a fee determined by the service provider.
- On-site integrated community adult day program, operating 7 days a week.
This will be discussed in detail following an assessment with the Occupational Therapist.
NH has a pet visitation policy. Pets may visit as long as immunizations are up to date, pet is well mannered, on a leash in common areas and family is responsible for cleaning up after pet.
All Northern Health facilities are smoke free. Residents are asked to smoke outside the facility in designated areas.
Short-term parking is available for visitors and guests. These parking lots are cleared and sanded in winter months.
- Bulkley Lodge is located close to downtown Smithers and is within walking distance to most community amenities.
- Bulkley Valley District Hospital is located about 3 blocks away.