1325 Summit Avenue
Prince Rupert BC V8J 4C1
Access to long term care is through a Home Health assessment. For more information on subsidized long term care, contact the Home Health office nearest you.
This facility does not have a website.
- Single level building.
- 7 double occupancy rooms, remainder single occupancy.
- Located on the same grounds as Summit Residences Assisted Living (and next door to Prince Rupert Regional Hospital).
- The “Crooked Cane” Adult Day Care operates from its home base in Acropolis Manor.
- Reception and staffing services are located in a central hub with resident wings facing north, east and west.
- Patio and Deck with BBQ station and garden.
- Multi Purpose and Arts rooms.
- Hair salon.
- Laundry in each wing as well.
- Individual dining and sitting areas.
- Internet access and shared telephone service.
English, honouring diversity.
The Acropolis site provides a continuum of services housed under one roof; Summit Residences Assisted Living, Acropolis Complex Care, Crooked Cane Adult Day Care, Palliative Care, Convalescent Care and Respite Care.
Providing a multitude of services supports individuals to age in place with minimal transitions to receive on going care to meet their needs. We call ourselves a Campus of Care because we provide services in one location as an individuals needs change.
Northern Health is accredited until 2018. Accreditation is an external peer review process to assess and improve the services healthcare organizations provide their patients and clients based on standards of excellence set by Accreditation Canada.
- 61 publicly subsidized beds (single and double occupancy rooms)
- Each room is equipped with a bed, window seat, sitting chair, bedside table, wardrobe and washroom
- Double occupancy rooms are separated by a curtain
- Each room can be secured by the resident and has a memory box outside the door that is decorated by individuals to assist in identifying their room as their own space as well as cuing individuals to the location of their room.
Residents pay 80% of their after tax income, with minimum and maximum rates set by the Ministry of Health Services. The monthly rate covers the cost of food and accommodation.
- Basic furniture provided includes a bed.
- Night table, sitting chair, wardrobe and window curtains.
- Some rooms have permanent ceiling lifts for individuals with complex health conditions.
- A monthly calendar is printed for residents and families as well activities are posted in each wing daily.
- Monthly outings to celebrate seasons, special events and occasions are planned along with regular trips downtown for shopping and recreation access.
- An adult day care is located on site and individuals are encouraged to join these activities as well as those offered at Summit Residence Assisted Living in addition to the activities scheduled at Acropolis Manor.
Motorized Scooter storage is available on site.
No pets reside at facility.
All Northern Health facilities are smoke free. Residents are asked to smoke outside the facility in designated areas.
- Secured entry and exit to each wing.
- Resident and family provided with a swipe card at admission unless safety concerns are noted otherwise.
- Front entrance secure after business hours and week ends.
Parking available on site.
- A bus stop is located immediate proximal to Acropolis Manor which provides a direct route to the downtown shopping areas, pharmacy & parks.
- Grounds surrounding Acropolis are landscaped with a dedicated flower garden to enjoy during spring & summer months.
- Beautiful views to the south are of Hays Mountain and to the west are sunsets.