We’re so glad you found us!
Talking about mental health can be awkward or embarrassing. The thing is, mental health is like physical health, everybody has it. And just like physical health, our mental health can change depending on what’s going on in our lives. It’s normal to struggle at times - but you are not in this alone - mental wellness can and does improve!
We are running a virtual campaign to connect with you, called Youth 4 Youth or Y4Y, to help bring awareness to mental health and mental wellness.
- This campaign was shaped by volunteer youth and young adult advisors (AKA Northern Health Bright Lights), from across Northern BC.
- The Bright Lights designed four short videos to help support you and your friends achieving and maintaining mental wellness.
- Talking about our own mental health and how we are feeling helps reduce stigma and isolation.
- Sharing activities that help you feel good creates connections and spreads the word about mental wellness.
2023 Y4Y mental wellness campaign videos
|Self-Care POV||Balance||Prince George Resources||Northern BC Living|
To encourage talking about ways you support mental wellness, we’re giving away Apple AirPods!
Comment for a chance to win!!
How to enter: Follow us on TikTok and comment on the Y4Y videos. The videos were made by youth in Northern Health and are full of ideas and resources that support mental wellness. Tell us how you take care of your mental wellness! Share your coping tips or the ways you practice self-care and you will be automatically be entered for a chance to win Apple AirPods.
1 comment = 1 entry so make a comment on each of the videos!
Follow NH (@northern.health.bc) on TIk-Tok to view and comment on the videos.
We hope you find inspiration and helpful ideas on this page to promote your mental wellness. Start today, create a life where your mental health can flourish across your life time.
Participants must be 13 to 24 years of age and live in the Northern Health region of British Columbia, Canada to qualify to win. Not sure if you are in our region? View the map.
- Entries are limited to one per person, per video.
- Entries must be submitted by 11:59 pm November 10, 2023, via NH Tik-Tok, Facebook, Instagram or YouTube comment sections.
- The winner will be determined by a random draw at 1 pm, November 13th, 2023.
- The announced prize winner of a set of Apple AirPods valued at approximately $250.00 is final.
- Entering the contest does not guarantee that you will win the prize.
- Chances of winning depend on the number of comments received.
- No purchase is necessary; No shipping fees will be charged.
- Northern Health employees are eligible to enter the contest and win.
The winner will be contacted by direct message via the method they submitted their comment. The winner must respond and accept their prize within 48 hours of being notified or prize will be redrawn.
Verification of age may be required. Winner’s information will not be shared nor stored by Northern Health.
By entering the contest, you grant Northern Health the rights to use your submitted photo and/or comment, without your future knowledge or consent, on Northern Health promotional channels.
Disclaimer: Northern Health is committed to improving the health of people in the north by protecting health and promoting wellness. To ensure consistency of messaging and approach, contest entries must be aligned with the Northern Health series of position papers specific to key risk factors. These position papers are researched and evidence-based. Where activities in entries are not aligned with the framework, messaging or approach endorsed by Northern Health, those activities will not be promoted and will not qualify to be entered into this contest.
Get immediate support for a...
- Suicide crisis: 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800 784-2433)
- Mental health issue: 310-6789 (24 hrs)
- KUU-US Aboriginal crisis line: 1-800-588-8717 (24 hrs)
- Medical emergency: 911
These online resources can also help:
- Crisis Centre
- Head Space - Your journey to mental wellness
- HealthLink BC: Warning signs of suicide in children and teens
- Kids Help Phone (Text CONNECT to 686868)
- Youth In BC (Youth chat and 24 hr crisis lines)
- Breathr app (free)
- CYMH mental health and wellness resources and supports (PDF)
- Child and youth mental health information and resources toolkit (PDF)
- Dealing with teen depression (PDF)
- Feelings First - Social and emotional health starts early
- Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre
- NH child youth mental health resource guide for families (PDF)
- Options for sexual health
- Suicide prevention
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Prince George
- CMHA - Meditation
- CMHA - Mindfulness
- Foundry BC
- Foundry - Prince George
- Foundry - Virtual
- Headspace app
- Options for Sexual Health - Prince George
- Prince George Native Friendship Center
- Prince George Sexual Assault Centre
- Sleep better
- YMCA - Youth Around Prince