How do I find a family doctor?
If you live in Prince George:
While Northern Health does not maintain a list of doctors accepting new patients, we do offer the following suggestions for finding a family doctor in Prince George:
- The Blue Pine Clinic in Prince George often has information on physicians that are accepting new patients. Their number is 250-596-8100. Please explain your situation to the Clinic, as they may have additional advice.
- Physicians who work at Prince George Urgent and Primary Care Centre also practice in Prince George and may sometimes be able to take on unattached patients. Ask when receiving medical treatment, do not visit the clinic only to ask about finding a doctor.
- You can also ask family and friends in Prince George, to check if their family care provider would add you to their practice.
If you live outside of Prince George:
- Check our list of Medical Clinics. If we have one in your community, please call them for information;
- Call the Northern Health Virtual Primary and Community Care Clinic at 1-844-645-7811. The Virtual Clinic provides services to people who don’t have a family doctor or nurse practitioner or people who need care on weekends, after their health centre is closed, or are unable to travel to receive care due to seasonal weather. (You’re encouraged to call your family doctor or nurse practitioner first, or the urgent and primary care centre in your community).
- Some communities are using Pathways; you can search your community to see if there’s any doctors accepting patients.