200 School Road, P.O. Box 1749
Fort St. James BC V0J 1P0
Access to subsidized assisted living units is through a Home Health assessment. For more information on subsidized units, contact the Home Health office nearest you. Please do not contact the Operator directly regarding subsidized units.
Fort St James Senior Citizens Home Society
This facility does not have a website
- A 2 unit wood structure, vinyl siding, weatherwise windows, wheelchair accessible, gas furnace.
- Individual units with outside entrances with a small porch area, commercial linoleum flooring, gyproc walls, good lighting, large doorways, walk in shower, larger bedroom, cupboards, stove & fridge in each unit.
- Has a fire exit at each end of the building plus from individual units.
- Common area has a large window that looks out on the common courtyard with the other building, able to enjoy the fruit trees, flower bed, picnic area etc.
- Common area has a fridge, microwave, dinette, small sofa, & cupboards with some dishes.
- Separate storage area, laundry room, and wheelchair washroom.
- Small office area.
- Exit at each end of the building.
English, honouring diversity.
Provide a safe, secure, peaceful home-style life with love, nurturing & laughter
Residence is not accredited.
- 2 publicly subsidized assisted living units; each unit is self contained.
- See building and amenities above for further information.
The monthly charge for publicly subsidized Assisted Living is based on income. Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income, up to a maximum amount. The monthly fee covers rental accommodation, hospitality services, personal care and on-site emergency response system. Hydro is subsidized; residents pay only $15.00 per month.
Persons receiving disability benefits from the Ministry of Housing and Social Development pay a fixed rate.
Items not included as a part of the monthly fee include: telephone, cable, personal laundry, household and toiletry supplies, medications, personal care products and insurance.
Hospitality services include outings to special recreational events as per tenant requests
Building will accommodate a motorized scooter. A damage deposit will be required for the scooter above the regulatory damage deposit on the premises.
No pets permitted.
All Northern Health facilities are smoke free. Residents are asked to smoke outside the facility in designated areas.
Alarm system hooked into the building, keyless entry system, each tenant has a personal lifeline system
One parking spot per tenant – visitor will park in tenants parking area if tenant has no vehicle. Visitors park is in the common parking area allocated for the two buildings.
- Five minute drive to the downtown core area with pharmacy, shopping, restaurants etc.
- The medical clinic is a short walk outside the bounds of the complex.
- The hospital is a short 5 minute drive from the complex.
- The various parks are a bit further away (10 minutes).
- The seniors recreational centre is just outside of the complex area.
- There are no bus routes or taxis.