175-1600 15th Avenue
Prince George BC V2L 3X3
The Northern Health Regional MS Clinic provides specialized services to clients who are either diagnosed or suspected of having Multiple Sclerosis, Neuroptica-Myelitis (NMO) or MOG-Antibody disease (MOG/MOGAD). We serve clients who live in the Northern Health region and also some northern parts of the Interior Health region.
The clinic has approximately 700 patients. We are serviced by a multi-disciplinary team comprised of 5 MS Neurologists (1 from Prince George and 4 visiting specialists from UBC), a nurse consultant, rehabilitative staff (physiotherapist and occupational therapist) and a social worker.
We are located in Prince George and usually do one outreach clinic in Fort St John and Terrace every year.
Please note: We realize that staff absences may impact our clinic operations. You can reach us by phone or email to get the latest information on any possible office closures. A team member will respond to your message within 3 to 7 business days. For non-urgent issues our response time may be longer.
You need a referral to be seen at the clinic. Please have your primary care provider or referring specialist complete a referral and submit it by fax to 250-565-2662.
- If you would like to confirm receipt of your referral call us at 250-565-2304. Wait times may vary depending on the referral.
- If you have been referred and feel your symptoms are severe and/or worsening contact the MS Clinic nurse by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 250-565-2842.
- After hours please proceed to your local walk in clinic (if available) or local emergency department.
- Check in with the nursing unit clerk
- Review multiple sclerosis information
- Neurology assessment by neurologist (which may include doctors in training)
- Nursing assessment/education as needed
- Lab tests, MRIs, referrals and other investigations may be ordered but not necessarily performed the same day.
Call 250-565-2304 as soon as possible if you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment. Please give us at least 24 hours notice if you are unable to attend your appointment. This lets us give the appointment time to another patient who needs it.
Please note that if you miss an appointment without telling us we will not rebook your appointment until you contact us.
We will do our best to reschedule your appointment as soon as possible, however there may be a wait due to the volume of patients we have. Please make every effort to keep the appointment that is booked for you.
To find out more about Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and the health care services offered by Northern Health, please check out our health topic page on MS: