3089 Clapperton Street
Prince George BC V2L 5N4
Access to long-term care is through a Home Health assessment. For more information on subsidized long-term care, contact the Home Health office nearest you.
Prince George Hospice Society
The Rotary Hospice house is a ten-bed facility.
- Each 306 square foot bedroom has a private two piece bathroom, a double bed size futon, recliner chair, wall mounted flat screen TV, separate heating and air conditioner unit, large window, an electric bed and a ceiling mounted lift.
- The heart of the home is the kitchen of course, with an open dining concept and a fireplace in one corner near a television.
- We provide a children’s playroom, a meeting room, a quiet room, a den and a bedroom for overnight visitors, as well as lounges, library, and laundry room.
- Families enjoy the large space of the guest rooms, as it allows them to remain in the room during care and there is room for three people to stay overnight.
English, honoring diversity.
To provide guests, families and friends with a home-like atmosphere – friendly, welcoming, emotionally supportive, and nurturing. Our first priority is to relieve suffering; whether it is physical or emotional.
Rotary Hospice House is a ten-bed facility designed to provide care to anyone who is suffering with an advanced chronic illness, or a life threatening illness.
People choose to become a guest at the Rotary Hospice House for a number of reasons such as:
- Short-term assistance in the transition from hospital to home
Short-term control of symptoms (pain, nausea, fatigue, difficulty
The need for respite for their main caregiver
They require end of life care in their final day (breathing etc)
Family physicians continue the care of their patients while at the house.
Residents pay 80% of their after tax income, with minimum and maximum rates set by the Ministry of Health Services. This rate covers the standard benefits provided by all long-term care homes. These costs are available on request or in the Long Term Care Home Resident and Family Handbook.
There are typical additional costs not covered by the daily rate.
Each room is fully furnished and guests are encouraged to bring personal belongings.
- On the grounds, guests and families can enjoy the gardens complete with bench seating areas, and a patio with a gas BBQ.
- The house also has a playroom and outdoor jungle gym and swing set.
- Children are welcome at any hour, for any length of time.
- Grief support is available in-house.
- Complimentary therapies such as healing touch, massage, reflexology, and chiropractic are available.
Wheelchair accessible. Scooters are allowed.
Family pets are allowed to visit and can stay 24 hours a day.
All Northern Health facilities are smoke free. Residents are asked to smoke outside the facility in designated areas.
Keypad security as required.
Families and loved ones are partners in care and are encouraged to visit and participate in many of the day-to-day activities.
During flu season (typically December-March) all visitors need to wear a mask in our facilities if they haven't had a flu shot.
Close to neighbourhood school, shopping district, greenbelt with view of Fraser River, and a bus route.