5353 47th Avenue
Chetwynd BC V0C 1J0
Access to subsidized assisted living units is through a Home Health assessment. For more information on subsidized units, contact the Home Health office nearest you. Please do not contact the Operator directly regarding subsidized units.
Information on private pay units is available through the Office of the Assisted Living Registrar.
Chetwynd Senior Citizens Housing Society
- 1 storey, 12 unit building.
- H shape layout (5 units are designated assisted living units).
Common room, dining room, kitchen, laundry room, foyer, staff office.
English, honouring diversity.
Residence is not accredited.
- 5 publicly subsidized assisted living suites.
- Studio suite with small kitchenette and private bathroom.
The monthly charge for publicly subsidized Assisted Living is based on income. Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income, up to a maximum amount. The monthly fee covers rental accommodation, hospitality services, personal care and on-site emergency response system. Hydro is subsidized; residents pay only $15.00 per month.
Persons receiving disability benefits from the Ministry of Housing and Social Development pay a fixed rate.
Items not included as a part of the monthly fee include: telephone, cable, personal laundry, household and toiletry supplies, medications, personal care products and insurance.
This facility has a recreation worker part time, three days a week.
No pets allowed.
All Northern Health facilities are smoke free. Residents are asked to smoke outside the facility in designated areas.
- Main doors lock from 6:00 pm to 9:00 am daily.
- Residents, key contacts for resident and home support workers have keys for entry after hours.
Large open parking area at front of building, 2 handicap spaces – capacity 20 cars.
- 5 minute drive to downtown area
- 8 minutes to hospital
- Park area on grounds
- Next door to an elementary school