242 Louvain Street
Vanderhoof BC V0J 3A0
Access to subsidized assisted living units is through a Home Health assessment. For more information on subsidized units, contact the Home Health office nearest you. Please do not contact the Operator directly regarding subsidized units.
Information on private pay units is available through the Office of the Assisted Living Registrar.
Nechako Valley Community Services Society.
- The building is a two story building with a half basement.
- There are 32 apartments - 14 are Assisted Living and 18 are designated Seniors Supportive Housing units.
- There is an elevator to all floors.
- There is a common dining area and living area on the first floor; a common living area, hairdressing room and laundry facility for the Assisted Living tenants on the second floor.
- The basement has a laundry room, activity room, family overnight room, tenant locker space and storage areas.
English, honouring diversity.
The Society’s philosophy is to support seniors in order to promote and support independence and confidence in managing their daily lives while respecting the cultural diversity of our communities.
Residence is not accredited, but is part of an industry self-regulation program (CARF Seal of Approval).
- There are 14 publicly subsidized assisted living units - 12 units with one bedroom and two units with 2 bedrooms.
- The remaining 18 Seniors Supportive Housing units are all bachelor suites.
The monthly charge for publicly subsidized Assisted Living is based on income. Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income, up to a maximum amount. The monthly fee covers rental accommodation, hospitality services, personal care and on-site emergency response system. Hydro is subsidized; residents pay only $15.00 per month.
Persons receiving disability benefits from the Ministry of Housing and Social Development pay a fixed rate.
Items not included as a part of the monthly fee include: telephone, cable, personal laundry, household and toiletry supplies, medications, personal care products and insurance.
Several recreational activities are offered such as numerous music entertainment opportunities, bingo, baking groups, exercise, games and crafts, discussion groups etc.
There is scooter parking and storage available.
Pets are allowed if they are owned prior to moving in and if the tenant is fully capable of caring for them.
- All tenants have a lifeline emergency response system in place (Lifeline).
- The building is locked and secured 24 hours with an interphone system in place.
There is parking for visitors at the front of the building and a covered carport in the back for tenants.
Riverside Place is located next to Riverside Park. It has easy access to downtown amenities by scooter.