2524 Harrison Road
Masset BC V0T 1M0
Access to subsidized assisted living units is through a Home Health assessment. For more information on subsidized units, contact the Home Health office nearest you. Please do not contact the Operator directly regarding subsidized units.
Information on private pay units is available through the Office of the Assisted Living Registrar.
One Story building with 4 apartments adjacent to the Northern Haida Gwaii Hospital and Health Center.
- Common room including dining area, kitchen and living room.
- On site Laundry services.
English, honouring diversity.
Nick Grosse Assisted Living provides a home-like environment while supporting the clients’ needs of Independence, Individuality, Choice, Dignity and Privacy while supporting the individual with the autonomy of decision making.
Residence is not accredited, but Northern Health is part of an industry self-regulation program (Accreditation Canada)
4 publicly subsidized assisted living apartments, each with private kitchen, bedroom and bathroom.
The monthly charge for publicly subsidized Assisted Living is based on income. Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income, up to a maximum amount. The monthly fee covers rental accommodation, hospitality services, personal care and on-site emergency response system. Hydro is subsidized; residents pay only $15.00 per month.
Persons receiving disability benefits from the Ministry of Housing and Social Development pay a fixed rate.
- All residents are welcome to attend the Adult Day Program in Old Masset.
- Residents are treated out to a meal of their choice once per month.
- Scheduled activities are posted on the common room bulletin board.
Residents are welcome to have a motorized scooter and all apartments are provided with one scooter parking space inside the building.
A resident may register a pet (outlined in the pet policy) at the time of move in.
All Northern Health facilities are smoke free. Residents are asked to smoke outside the facility in designated areas.
- All residents are equipped with a 24hr emergency response system.
- Visitors can use the secure intercom system at the front entrance.
- All rooms are equipped with smoke and fire detectors.
Each resident is provided one parking space.
- Located between the villages of Masset and Old Masset.
- Cab service is available between the two villages.