574 Kinchant Street
Quesnel BC V2J 2R8
Access to subsidized assisted living units is through a Home Health assessment. For more information on subsidized units, contact the Home Health office nearest you. Please do not contact the Operator directly regarding subsidized units.
Information on private pay units is available through the Office of the Assisted Living Registrar.
Quesnel Senior Housing Society
- Built new in 2007, this beautiful building is located in the heart of Quesnel
- Compromised of 35 publicly subsidized units, 1 private suite.
- The building is 4 stories high and due to the colder winters - sidewalks are heated for added safety.
Dining room, Fireside lounge, walking paths, activities room, scooter parking.
English, honouring diversity.
Believe in and deliver a home like environment that includes aging in place. We promote independence, well being, self-governance and bounded choice. At Maeford Place, we provide tenant centered care that includes dignity and privacy. Every day, every tenant experiences a choice, a smile, a need met, a laugh, a hug or an opportunity to continue growing and learning.
Residence is not accredited, but is part of an industry self-regulation program (BCSLA Seal of Approval).
- 35 publicly subsidized assisted living units.
- Each suite is fully self contained 1 bedroom, approx. 590 sq. feet; includes fridge and stove.
- Quality finishing touches throughout the suite and the building.
The monthly charge for publicly subsidized Assisted Living is based on income. Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income, up to a maximum amount. The monthly fee covers rental accommodation, hospitality services, personal care and on-site emergency response system. Hydro is subsidized; residents pay only $15.00 per month.
Persons receiving disability benefits from the Ministry of Housing and Social Development pay a fixed rate.
Items not included as a part of the monthly fee include: telephone, cable, personal laundry, household and toiletry supplies, medications, personal care products and insurance.
- Dedicated recreational coordinator is on site, 20 hours/week.
- Variety of opportunities to occur: music, fitness, card/board games, outings, shuffle board and so much more.
Specialized area has been designed for easy access and parking of motorized scooters.
Currently being discussed.
All Northern Health facilities are smoke free. Residents are asked to smoke outside the facility in designated areas.
“Home Free” system in place, each unit has a locked door and staff is available as required.
Ample parking is available.
Maeford is within walking distance to all amenities: Doctors, hospital, dentist, grocery stores, banks and eatery places.