Our staff support cardiac patients experiencing a variety of heart health conditions with the following services:
- Network of Regional to Tertiary Healthcare (NORTH) heart function clinics: for heart failure patients for advice, medication adjustments, monitoring, education, and care.
- If you don't see a NORTH clinic listed below for your community, please call the toll free 1-855-565-7373.
- Regional NORTH: cardiac rehab program for cardiac patients for education, counselling and support to improve cardiac health & lifestyle choices.
- Supports other health care workers by providing education so they can better help patients closer to home.
NORTH Clinics and Program Contacts
- Toll free phone: 1-855-565-7373 (must call this number first for a referral or have a referral from your family doctor or nurse practitioner)
- Toll free fax: 1-855-565-5630
- The NORTH heart function clinic offers services to clients referred for heart failure medical management and heart failure education who live in the following areas: Kitimat, Prince Rupert, Robson Valley, Terrace, and Vanderhoof.
- Clients are able to videoconference into group education sessions from these locations that are offered on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, twice a month from 10 am to 11 am.
- Clients that are referred for heart failure medical management are assessed by a nurse in a clinic at one of the locations below. Clients then connect to a medical visit with a cardiac specialist, by videoconference. The specialist will be able to determine what tests and medications need to be ordered.
NORTH - Kitimat
Kitimat General Hospital – Living Well Program
NORTH - Prince Rupert
Prince Rupert Regional Hospital - Health Promotion Program
NORTH - Robson Valley
Valemount Health Centre
NORTH - Terrace
Park Avenue Medical Building – Healthy Terrace Program
NORTH - Vanderhoof
The Regional Cardiac Triage Coordinator supports accessing services for inpatients and outpatients travelling for cardiac services not currently available in our health authority. The Triage Coordinator can be reached at 250-565-5515.