On behalf of the Northern BC Research and Quality Conference Planning Committee, thank you for helping make our first fully virtual conference a success!!
If you haven’t yet, please take a moment to watch our Thank You video for a complete list of committees, members and partners involved.
The Northern BC Research and Quality Conference is a forum enhanced with resources and skill development workshops to share health and health services research, evaluation, evidence-based practice and quality improvement initiatives in the North.
Join in workshops, presentations, and discussions about the following health care themes:
- Cultural safety
- Health and wellness
- Sustainable systems
Connect virtually with health care providers, researchers, quality improvement experts, students, and people seeking health care services.
- Dr. Mary Ellen Turpel-Lafond
Senior Associate Counsel, Woodward and Company
- Dr. Danielle Lavallee
Scientific Director, Michael Smith Health Research BC
- Shirley Wong
Executive Project Manager, Strategic Data Initiatives at the Ministry of Health
- Patient partner engagement
- 36 oral presentations
- 5 rapid fire presentations
- Over 40 posters
- Door prizes and prizes throughout the event
- Connect and network with Quality and Research colleagues across the North
Previous conference proceedings and presentations
Congratulations to Amber Brown and team, the winners of the 2019 Top Storyboard award! The six finalists were:
- Baby-Friendly Initiative (BFI) Step 1 - Policy Implementation Project (Vanessa Salmons) (PDF)
- CFHI Connected Medicine Collaborative: Physician Learning Experiences (Dr. Anurag Singh, Dr. John Pawlovich, Dr. Abu Hamour, Dr. Haidar Hadi, Janice Paterson and Tiegan Daniels) (PDF)
- Improving Access to Cancer Screening Services: Fast Track Colonoscopy at Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Elena Raykov) (PDF)
- Improving Hip Protector Adherence for Dementia Clients at Terraceview Lodge (Amber Brown) (PDF)
- Organizing Space and Improving Processes around Supplies & Client Files (Sherry Sawka) (PDF)
- Sterile Storage - Meeting CSA Standards (Bonnie Mackenzie) (PDF)
Check out the Storyboard Book - A storyboard is a poster that describes a Quality Improvement project. Storyboards have been compiled for everyone to see. Choose your favourites to order and display at your site! (Ordering instructions and pricing is on page 2 of the book).
- Full Conference Program (PDF)
- Quality Conference 2017 (PDF)