We are excited to announce that the 2021 Northern BC Research and Quality Conference will be held on November 17-19, 2021 in Prince George, BC. It is hosted in partnership between Northern Health, the University of Northern British Columbia, Physician Quality Improvement, and BC Cancer.
The objectives of the conference are to:
- Celebrate and share research, quality improvement, evaluation, and implementation of evidence in a northern and rural context
- Support the development of research, quality improvement, evaluation, and evidence-informed practice skills
- Facilitate networking and knowledge sharing
- Inspire new ideas and encourage diverse partnerships and broaden the involvement of different stakeholders invested in the health of northerners.
The conference is open to researchers, students, health authority employees, health care practitioners, patient partners, and community organizations. Stay tuned for more details to come.
Check out the Storyboard Book - A storyboard is a poster that describes a Quality Improvement project. Storyboards have been compiled for everyone to see. Choose your favourites to order and display at your site! (Ordering instructions and pricing is on page 2 of the book).
Previous conference proceedings & presentations
Congratulations to Amber Brown and team, the winners of the 2019 Top Storyboard award! The six finalists were:
- Baby-Friendly Initiative (BFI) Step 1 - Policy Implementation Project (Vanessa Salmons) (PDF)
- CFHI Connected Medicine Collaborative: Physician Learning Experiences (Dr. Anurag Singh, Dr. John Pawlovich, Dr. Abu Hamour, Dr. Haidar Hadi, Janice Paterson and Tiegan Daniels) (PDF)
- Improving Access to Cancer Screening Services: Fast Track Colonoscopy at Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Elena Raykov) (PDF)
- Improving Hip Protector Adherence for Dementia Clients at Terraceview Lodge (Amber Brown) (PDF)
- Organizing Space and Improving Processes around Supplies & Client Files (Sherry Sawka) (PDF)
- Sterile Storage - Meeting CSA Standards (Bonnie Mackenzie) (PDF)
- Full Conference Program (PDF)
- Quality Conference 2017 (PDF)