The Northern BC Research and Quality Conference is a forum enhanced with resources and skill development workshops to share health and health services research, evaluation, evidence-based practice and quality improvement initiatives in the North.
The conference attracts a broad, interprofessional audience, as well as persons and families including health care managers, clinical service providers, physicians, community and Aboriginal health agency workers, researchers, evaluators, and students.
The 2021 virtual conference will be held December 7-9, 2021 and this year’s theme is Learning from Adversity: Pathways to Success with the following sub-themes:
- Cultural safety
- Health and wellness
- Sustainable systems
- Celebrate and share research, quality improvement, evaluation, and implementation of evidence in a Northern and rural context.
- Support the development of research, quality improvement, evaluation, and evidence-informed practice skills and patient-oriented research.
- Facilitate networking and knowledge sharing of all stakeholders, including people seeking health care services.
- Inspire new ideas, encourage diverse partnerships, and broaden the involvement of different stakeholders invested in the health of Northerners.
If you have any questions, please send an email to the 2021 planning committee. Stay tuned for more details to come.
Previous conference proceedings and presentations
Congratulations to Amber Brown and team, the winners of the 2019 Top Storyboard award! The six finalists were:
- Baby-Friendly Initiative (BFI) Step 1 - Policy Implementation Project (Vanessa Salmons) (PDF)
- CFHI Connected Medicine Collaborative: Physician Learning Experiences (Dr. Anurag Singh, Dr. John Pawlovich, Dr. Abu Hamour, Dr. Haidar Hadi, Janice Paterson and Tiegan Daniels) (PDF)
- Improving Access to Cancer Screening Services: Fast Track Colonoscopy at Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Elena Raykov) (PDF)
- Improving Hip Protector Adherence for Dementia Clients at Terraceview Lodge (Amber Brown) (PDF)
- Organizing Space and Improving Processes around Supplies & Client Files (Sherry Sawka) (PDF)
- Sterile Storage - Meeting CSA Standards (Bonnie Mackenzie) (PDF)
Check out the Storyboard Book - A storyboard is a poster that describes a Quality Improvement project. Storyboards have been compiled for everyone to see. Choose your favourites to order and display at your site! (Ordering instructions and pricing is on page 2 of the book).
- Full Conference Program (PDF)
- Quality Conference 2017 (PDF)