Looking to 2025
The Northern Health Strategic Plan helps guide what we prioritize to focus on as an organization, as the priorities outlined within the plan will only be successful with our collective focus and effort towards their achievement.
Through the efforts of dedicated staff and medical staff, in partnership with communities, organizations, and Indigenous peoples, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners.
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern, rural, and Indigenous populations.
What if we could:
- Collaborate with partners to support people in the North to be well and stay independent?
- Create a health system built on person-centred care and cultural safety?
- Provide an environment that embraces diversity and a sense of belonging for all?
- Be the first place people look for rewarding careers with opportunities for growth?
- Use technology and innovation to provide access to services closer to home?
Priority 1: Healthy people in healthy communities
Northern Health will collaborate with partners to support people to live well, foster a sense of belonging, and prevent disease and injury.
Priority 2: Coordinated and accessible services
Northern Health will provide health services across the life span based in Primary Care Networks with coordinated pathways to acute and specialized services.
Priority 3: Quality
Northern Health will be a learning organization focused on continuous improvement.
Priority 4: Our people
Northern Health will provide a positive and inclusive environment where staff and medical staff experience a sense of belonging.
Priority 5: Communications, technology, and infrastructure
Northern Health will advance innovative approaches to communications, technology, and infrastructure.