Junior Volunteers are people like you!
Junior volunteers are young people, aged 16 to 19, who have a passion for patient care. They range from grade 10 high school students to second year university students. Junior volunteers devote themselves to a two hour shift per week and optional special projects, under the direction of a supervisor.
What do Junior Volunteers do?
- Visit patients
- Read to children
- Change water jugs
- Play instruments and sing for Jubilee Lodge residents
- Set up meal trays
- ...and much, much more!
What do Junior Volunteers gain?
- The Junior Volunteer program will give you many opportunities for learning and personal growth as you fulfill meaningful tasks in the hospital setting.
- You will gain a positive component for your resume and may be eligible for future reference letters.
- The Junior Volunteer program will provide the experience you may need for future health care professions.
- The Junior Volunteer program will give insight into and knowledge about health care careers.
How do you join?
The online application process for the 2019-2020 season is on hold until further notice.