Home and Community Care provides a range of health care and support services for eligible residents. These services are designed to complement and supplement, but not replace the efforts of individuals to care for themselves with the assistance of family, friends and community.
Home and Community Care services are designed to provide the right care in the right setting by offering:
- Support for clients to remain independent in their own homes for as long as possible
- At-home services (for example, home care nursing) to prevent admission to hospital or to allow for earlier discharge from hospital
- Respite (temporary relief) for a client’s unpaid caregivers
- Assisted Living services to clients who are still independent, but require a higher level of care
- Residential care services to clients who can no longer be supported in their homes
- Hospice palliative and end-of-life care that supports people at the end of life, and their loved ones