Increased Drug Toxicity Reported Across BC (Both Stimulants and Down)
- Increase in both fatal and non-fatal overdoses over the last few weeks
- More severe overdoses being reported
- Increased community overdose and drug alerts since March 22
FOR YOUR SAFETY
- Use an Overdose Prevention Site, if you can. FIND AN OPS
- Pick up a naloxone kit. FIND A SITE. Call ahead for hours.
- Avoid using alone. Find a buddy or have someone check on you.
- Talk to your doctor or nurse practitioner about how to access prescription medications to reduce overdose risk and prevent withdrawal, for more information.
THIS IS A PROVINCIAL ALERT
Check your local Health Authority websites for local alerts.
For more information on ways to stay safe while using substances during COVID-19 please check BCCDC