Indigenous Health  
  Advance Care Planning  
  Community Care Licensing  
  Chronic Disease  
  End-of-Life Care / Hospice Palliative Care  
  Environmental Health  
  Health Alerts  
  Health Topics  
  Healthy Living & Communities  
  Home and Community Care  
  Hospital Services  
  Injury Prevention  
  Mental Health & Addictions  
  NH Connections (medical travel service)  
  Overdose Prevention  
  Pregnancy - Maternity - Babies  
  Primary Health Care  
  Public Health  
  Seniors Health  

We value your feedback!

At Northern Health, we value your feedback and comments. Your feedback is our chance to improve the care or services we provide. We also enjoy hearing about your positive experiences while receiving services through Home and Community Care.

If we have not met your expectations, we are committed to working with you to find a reasonable solution.

If you have a complaint or concern, first speak with the health care provider who provided the service, or to the manager of the area. Complaints are best addressed and resolved at the time and place they occur.

Home and Community Care offices

The following lists provide the direct contact information for the Home and Community Care programs and services available, by community:

Managers of assisted living communities are required to register with the Office of the Assisted Living Registrar. Each assisted living residence must meet health and safety standards as required by the registrar's office and the Community Care and Assisted Living Act. Assisted living services subsidized by Northern Health are subject to contractual agreements that outline performance and management expectations.  If you have a concern, please meet directly with the people managing your assisted living residence. If a resolution cannot be reached, or you feel uncomfortable approaching the management directly, contact your case manager, or the Office of the Assisted Living Registrar. For more information on assisted living complaints, please visit Assisted Living Registrar/Complaints.

If you are uncertain where to direct your comments, compliments or complaints, you can send an email to and your message will be re-directed to the appropriate responding office.

Privately operated facilities

For issues or concerns about privately operated facilities (facilities not operated or subsidized by Northern Health), you should contact the owner/operator directly or go through the appropriate licensing body.

Still not satisfied?

If you feel your issue or concern remains unresolved after discussing the issue with the service area or manager, we encourage you to contact the Northern Health Patient Care Quality Office to formally lodge your complaint.

The Patient Care Quality Office will work with you to identify the issues you want follow-up on and negotiate a mutually acceptable resolution to whatever the concerns may be.

Other governing bodies

Whether your concern is being reviewed directly with your health care provider, or through the Northern Health Patient Care Quality Office, other governing bodies may be contacted to provide input during the investigative period.

These contacts may include:

Other Health Authorities:

Home and Community Care programs and services are governed by a number of provincial Acts, Regulations and Legislation, which will also be referred to in the investigative process of a complaint.

Your rights

Northern Health is committed to the protection of the privacy of the clients it serves and the staff it employs. Your privacy is protected in accordance with Confidentiality policies and the Freedom of information and Protection of Privacy Act.

Our Privacy Office can be reached by phone at 250-565-5822, or by email at

Also see:

Quality Care

Quality health care is important to all of us at Northern Health. Your feedback will provide opportunities to explore improvements to programs and services we provide.