Mental Health & Addiction Community Services
Substance Use Community and Inpatient Programs
Adult Withdrawal Management Unit (AWMU, aka Detox)
The AWMU program provides substance misuse management for adults through medical detox, integrated case management, family and community care management, education, recreational activities, and individual, family, and group support.
- Regional Program
- 20 bed unit with 6 dedicated beds for acute and 4 beds dedicated as “wet beds” and 10 beds as step down beds
- Ages group: 19 years and up
- Client with addictions or addictions and mental health concerns
- Program service is for detoxification, assessment and recommendation for follow-up case management or treatment in community services
- Referrals are accepted from many different sources such as, NH Mental Health & Addiction programs across the region physicians, community agencies, emergency department, community programs, self referrals, RCMP etc.
- Waitlist management of beds
- Step down program allows for assessment of readiness for services through group model work
- Collaboration of services with community partners for treatment planning beyond detoxification, referred to community supportive recovery beds or Addictions Day Treatment Program
- Supported by G.P’s through sessions and a multi-disciplinary team.
For additional information on other local, provincial, and national resources, below are links to HealthLink BC, the Ministry of Health Services, and BC Mental Health and Addiction Services.