You will be provided with a specimen collection container specifically for pinworm collection.
Instructions must be followed carefully.
- Take a sample in the morning upon waking up, prior to bathing or having a bowel movement.
- Sample is collected using the paddle attached to the inside of the lid of the collection kit provided. One side of the paddle is inscribed with the word "sticky side".
- Remove lid from collection kit, do not disconnect paddle from the lid, and touch the sticky side of the paddle to the folds of skin around the anus.
- Return the lid and paddle assembly to the container it came in and tightly secure the lid on collection container.
- Wash your hands thoroughly.
- The container must be labeled - label collection container with the patient's name, date and time of collection.
Bring specimens back to Laboratory as soon as you have completed the last one.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Laboratory.
For the results of your test, please contact your doctor.