Northern Health also offers access to publicly subsidized hospice palliative care (HPC) beds located in a number of our residential care facilities. Hospice palliative care beds are available to those people with progressive life threatening illnesses.
Admission to hospice palliative care beds can be for:
- Short stay admission for control of symptoms such as pain or nausea, transition from hospital to home and for caregiver rest, or
- Permanent admission for care during the last days or weeks of life.
Publicly Subsidized Hospice Palliative Care Beds
The following residential care facilities have hospice palliative care beds that provide 24 hour professional nursing care and end-of-life care:
- Acropolis Manor, Prince Rupert
- Terraceview Lodge, Terrace
- Bulkley Lodge, Smithers
- Rotary Manor, Dawson Creek
- Dunrovin Park Lodge, Quesnel
Northern Health works in partnership with the Prince George Hospice Society to fund Rotary Hospice House, a 10-bed hospice house that provides comfort and care in a home-like setting. A brief description of Rotary Hospice House is available in this <click here> PDF document.
Your health care team will ensure that you have the knowledge and the understanding of your situation to enable you to make informed choices. Contact your local Home Health / Community Services office for more information.