People with chronic or life-limiting health needs want to stay independent as long as possible. Home and Community Care services and programs help to do that by complementing and supplementing but not replacing the efforts of individuals to care for themselves with the assistance of family, friends and community.
Home and Community Care services are designed to provide the right care in the right setting by offering:
- Support for clients to remain independent in their own homes for as long as possible
- At-home services to prevent admission to hospital or to allow for earlier discharge from hospital
- Respite for a client’s unpaid caregivers
- Assisted Living services to clients who are still independent, but require a higher level of care
- Residential care services to clients who can no longer be supported in their homes
- Hospice palliative and end-of-life care that supports people at the end of life, and their loved ones
The options listed to the right will assist you and your care team in making an informed decision. The right care in the right setting assures personal independence and quality of life.