The Vision, Mission and Values statements of Northern Health are part of our Strategic Plan - 2009 to 2015. Northern Health's new slogan is the northern way of caring, and this slogan has been integrated into our logo (see right).
Mission Statement - Our Purpose
Through the efforts of our dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners.
Vision - A Picture of 2015
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations.
Organizational Values - The Beliefs that Guide our Work
We treat people with:
- Respect: honouring diversity and treating people fairly
- Compassion: caring genuinely
- Empathy: understanding and earning trust
- Integrity: ensuring open, honest, ethical behaviour
- Stewardship: showing transparent, responsible and effective use of resources
- Quality: providing exceptional service guided by evidence
We work in a spirit of:
- Collaboration: working together to better serve the people of Northern BC
- Innovation: learning and finding better ways to deliver health care
Our Strategic Directions include:
- Integrated Accessible Health Services
- A Focus on Our People
- A Population Health Approach
- High Quality Services